Please join Washington Evaluators for a social networking event:
Maryland Renaissance Festival!
"The 27 acre Village of Revel Grove comes to life each autumn with more than 200 professional performers on ten stages, a 3,000 seat arena with armored jousting on magnificent steeds and streets filled with village characters. Join His Most Royal Highness King Henry VIII in the forests and glades with over 140 artisans exhibiting crafts in their own renaissance shops, five taverns featuring cool libations, 42 food and beverage emporiums providing a vast array of succulent and sweet treats to sate even the most hearty of appetites.
The almost continuous entertainment on all ten stages features many returning favorite performers. The first three weekends, from August 24th through September 8th, the Festival reduces pricing for all without coupons or special purchasing required to offer family friendly entertainment pricing. Prices, special event info and full schedules are available at www.marylandrenaissancefestival.com."
If you have never been to a RenFest here are some pointers:
- Cash is required for almost all transactions inside the park.
- Renaissance festivals occur in every state and Maryland’s is the most child friendly one that I have been to.
- Food is available, and compared to DC, is about the same price. Vegetarian options are available inside the park.
- There are live animals. If you are allergic to horses, camels, or elephants bring an epipen.
- Early September will be HOT but far less crowded. If it is wet, the ground is covered in saw dust so mud is not bad.
- You can dress up in your favorite renaissance style or rent clean costumes at the park.
- Bring sun block!
If we have a group of at least 20 there will be a discount. Less than 20 people and the costs are:
Adult (Ages 16- 61) $20
Senior (Ages 62+) $18
Children (Ages 7- 15) $9
Who: Everyone (members, guests, non-members and families)
When: Sunday September 6. Rendezvous at the entrance at 10AM.
Where: 1821 Crownsville Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
If you have questions or need a ride contact Charlie Gilman (202-706-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Car pool options will be arranged with registrants. 3 places available in Charlie's car.
See https://rennfest.com/faqs/ for additional information.